As in previous years, the Alpine pasture school is once again offering its popular basic courses for 2018. In addition to grass cutting with a scythe, students learn about other handicraft activities on the pasture and mountain meadow.
After completing a basic course, participants are entitled to work as a volunteer on the pastures and mountain meadows of the Vals Valley.
During each basic course, participants learn the fundamental concepts of cutting grass with a scythe. In addition, work will be assigned depending on the "workload" on the pasture, which can include: bringing hay (in nice weather), building Alpine slant fences, path maintenance, renovating or building dry-stone walls, herbalism, goat keeping and beekeeping, or building and renovating irrigation channels. The course programme also includes information about the Valsertal nature preserve.
IMPORTANT: the content of the course is partially dependent on weather conditions.
Fotographs: Werner Kräutler
Course dates 2020
- Course 1: sorry, fully booked!
- Course 2: sorry, fully booked!
- Course 3: 06 - 08 August 2020
- Course 4: sorry, fully booked!
(Arrival on the day before the 1st day of the course, departure one day after the last day of the course)
- 4 nights/breakfasts in the booked category (B&B or inn)
- Welcome night and discussion of programme with a three course menu
- Regional full board on the pasture during the course days (beverages not included)
- Membership in the “Alpine Pasture School” association
- 3-day course “Work on the pasture”
- Course certificate
- Free public transport (buses) with guest card & tranport back to accommodation included
3-course days & 4 nights
- € 302.00 per person in a double room (B&B, room with sink / shower in the hallway)
- € 322.00 per person in a single room (B&B, room with sink / shower in the hallway)
- € 365.00 per person in a double room (inn, room with shower/WC, Wi-Fi)
- € 422.00 per person in a single room (inn, room with shower/WC, Wi-Fi)
Registration for a basic course - please contact:
t: 0043 5272 6270 13